Don’t judge Kimbra by her overplayed collaboration with Gotye. Her album “Vows” is amazing. Girl’s got breadth.
When two or more people have the same thought simultaneously, they are telepathologized. Also, they have achieved samewavelengthification.
“Big companies train sales. Little companies can’t afford to train sales, but they can afford to buy and pay for sales.” — Wayne Cozad
Wayne is the principal of Cube Management. He’s a recent acquaintance, brilliant business mind, and the first member of the advisory board of my food startup.
Watched Metropolis. Interesting, but gosh I wish it was a little more clear what the mediator between head and hands is supposed to be.
ZOMG gluten free chocolate chip cookies!!1!!
That thing where you just knew you shouldn’t have taken on that client. And you were right.
I vow, here and now, to never ignore that nagging feeling, ever again. No matter how bad I think I need it.
Rocket Lift’s purpose is to help our team live the lives we want while making a difference for clients and projects that improve the world. (We happen to make great websites.) Sounds nice, right? But it only has meaning if we take it seriously, which means assessing how we’re doing.
I was excited to see Tim Smith write up [Edit: now a broken link] his goals for the year ahead, making plain exactly what it means for us to help him live the life he wants. (It’s also great because successful people set goals.) I’ve asked everyone on our team to write up their own personal goals for 2013.
Here are mine.
Doing Cools Things
- By end of June, spend at least half time on local food
- Write something worth reading at least once a month
- Learn improvizational jazz piano
- Make mattheweppelsheimer.com a showcase of WordPress as a garden for personal data-ownership and controlled social connections
- Visit my brother in Denver at least once for a couple of weeks while working
- Travel overseas while working
- Visit Kirsten and Eric in Minnesota while working
- Live for a month in Eastern Washington while working
- Resume regular contact with good friends
- Remain every bit as in love as I am right now
- Track data on SAD in a quantified-self style.
- Maintain 150lbs
- Learn to cook food I love without dairy and gluten
- Make Rocket Lift kick ass and thrive without my full time attention
- Sell $10k/month of [that exciting thing that’s a secret]
- Pay off debt, leaving only student loans
This post is part of the thread: Annual Goals and Review – an ongoing story on this site. View the thread timeline for more context on this post.